These spicy, wasabi-coated nuts are finger-licking good! The pungent spice from the wasabi takes the lead role in this dish and adds an amazing, Asian-inspired flavor to this high-protein snack. These nuts store well and are a great quick treat. Make a double batch for your next party because they’re guaranteed to disappear fast!
• 1 egg white
• 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
• 1/2 pound raw almonds
• 1/2-pound macadamia nuts
• 2 teaspoons coconut flour
• 21⁄2 tablespoons wasabi powder, plus more if desired
• 11⁄2 teaspoons sea salt
• Drizzle of olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 275°F. Line a baking sheet with lightly oiled parchment paper.
2. Whisk egg whites and coconut aminos until frothy in a medium bowl. Add the nuts and stir so all are coated. Combine coconut flour, wasabi powder, and sea salt in a large sealable plastic bag, and shake. Add the nuts to the bag and shake until they are all well coated. Add more wasabi powder here if additional spiciness is desired.
3. Pour the nuts onto a lined baking sheet and toss so they are in a single layer. Bake for about 15 minutes, then turn off the heat, but let the nuts sit in the oven for another 10 minutes to continue roasting slowly. Cool, drizzle with olive oil, and serve.