YIELD: 4 to 6 servings | PREP TIME: 10 minutes | COOK TIME: 8 to 10 minutes | CHILLING TIME: 1 hour
• 1½ pounds plums (about 9 large), divided
• 1 tablespoon honey mixed with 1 tablespoon hot water
• ½ cup cold water
• ½ cup white grape juice
• ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
• ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
• ½ teaspoon ginger powder
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Slice 1 pound (about 6) of the plums in half lengthwise and remove the stones. In a medium bowl, toss the plum halves with the honey mixture.
3. Arrange the plums on the prepared baking sheet. Reserve the liquid in the bowl. Roast the plums for 8 to 10 minutes, until very soft. Allow the plums to cool.
4. While the roasted plums are cooling, cut the remaining plums into small dice and set aside.
5. When the roasted plums are cool enough to handle, pull off and discard the skins. Transfer the plums and any liquid on the baking sheet to the bowl with the remaining honey mixture.
6. In a blender, puree the roasted plums with the water, white grape juice, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and ginger powder.
7. In a large bowl, mix together the pureed plum mixture and the diced plums. Chill for at least 1 hour, until very cold.