YIELD: 1 dozen cookies | PREP TIME: 5 minutes | COOK TIME: 8 to 10 minutes
• ¼ cup softened ghee
• ¼ cup coconut sugar
• 2 tablespoons maple syrup
• 1½ teaspoons molasses
• 1 large egg yolk
• 1 cup blanched almond flour
• ¼ cup arrowroot starch
• 1¼ teaspoons ginger powder
• ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
• ⅛ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer (or a large bowl if you’re using a hand mixer), beat the ghee and coconut sugar for 2 to 3 minutes, until smooth and lighter in color.
3. Add the maple syrup, molasses, and egg yolk and beat until well combined and fluffy, about 1 minute.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, arrowroot starch, ginger powder, cloves, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
5. Drop tablespoon-sized spoonfuls of the dough onto the baking sheet and flatten each cookie to a thickness of about ¼ inch.
6. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the cookies are just starting to brown around the edges. (Rotate the pan 180 degrees halfway through baking if your oven doesn’t heat evenly.) Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet before serving.