YIELD: 4 to 6 servings | PREP TIME: 5 minutes | CHILLING TIME: 1 hour
• 8 ounces strawberries, hulled
• 8 ounces blueberries (about 1½ cups), divided
• 6 ounces raspberries (about 2½ cups), divided
• 6 ounces blackberries (about 1½ cups), divided
• 1 cup white grape juice
• 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
• ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
• Fresh mint leaves, for garnish (optional)
1. Place the strawberries, three-quarters of the blueberries, three-quarters of the raspberries, three-quarters of the blackberries, and the white grape juice in a blender. Blend until smooth.
2. Strain the puree through a fine-mesh strainer and discard the seeds. Stir the balsamic vinegar and vanilla extract into the soup.
3. Chill for at least 1 hour, until very cold.
4. When ready to serve, thin the soup with more white grape juice or cold water, if needed—it might have thickened while chilling. Pour into small bowls and garnish with the remaining berries. Garnish with mint leaves, if desired.