YIELD: about 1½ cups | PREP TIME: 5 minutes | COOK TIME: 5 to 7 minutes
• 1½ cups pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
• 1 tablespoon fresh orange, lemon, or lime juice
• ¾ teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon ground coriander
• ½ teaspoon ground cumin
• ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
• ⅛ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
• ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon coconut sugar (omit if you’re doing a sugar detox)
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the pumpkin seeds, orange juice, salt, spices, and coconut sugar (if using).
3. Spread the coated pumpkin seeds on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 5 to 7 minutes, until crisp and puffed. Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container in the pantry. If they lose their crunch after being stored, simply pop them in a 350°F oven for a few minutes to crisp them back up.
Chef’s Tip: These make great snacks, too!
• Spicy Shrimp and Chorizo Soup
• Zenbelly Chili 2.0
• Roasted Tomatillo Pork Chili Verde
• White Chicken Chili