YIELD: 4 to 6 servings | PREP TIME: 10 minutes | CHILLING TIME: 1 hour
• 1 English cucumber (about ¾ pound), peeled and chopped
• 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and quartered
• 1 serrano chile, seeds and membrane removed, chopped
• 1 (14-ounce) can full-fat coconut milk
• 1½ cups cold water
• 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
• 1 tablespoon green curry paste
• 2 teaspoons fish sauce
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves, plus more for garnish
• 6 to 8 fresh Thai basil leaves, plus more for garnish
• 6 to 8 fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
1. Place all of the ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
2. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, until very cold.
3. Serve the chilled soup garnished with cilantro, Thai basil, and mint leaves and/or herb ice cubes (see Tip).
Chef’s Tip: You can serve this soup garnished with herb ice cubes. To make the ice cubes, place an herb leaf or two in each reservoir of an ice cube tray, then fill the tray with water. Place the tray in the freezer until the cubes have frozen.