Travel friendly and super tasty, these treats often accompany me to the office or gym. They refrigerate well for days so they are a nice breakfast bite when you’re in a real pinch for time. We recommend finding a quality deli or butcher in your area when shopping for your ham. In our quest to find really solid ham, Julie and I discovered an amazing Eastern European meat market only a few miles from our house. We go there all the time now to get various sausages and meats for recipes like this one. If you’re in the Atlanta area, we highly recommend Patak Meat Products
½ cup (50 g) mushrooms, finely chopped
½ cup (75 g) shallots, finely chopped
12 large eggs
12 slices ham
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Sauté shallots and mushrooms in skillet with butter.
- Coat muffin pan with olive oil spray or other oil and place ham slices in cups. You may want to cut a sliver in each ham slice to allow it to fold over itself when placed in the round muffin cup.
- Spoon out the sautéed mushroom/shallot mixture into each cup.
- Crack individual eggs into the ham cups.
- Cook for 15-16 minutes or until edge of ham is slightly crisp.
Variation—To add some color and extra flavor, garnish with fresh chopped chives or cracked pepper.