SERVES: 4 | PREP TIME: 30 minutes | COOK TIME: 15 minutes
1 delicata or acorn squash (about 9 ounces/255 grams), cut in half lengthwise
3 cups (540 grams) Cauliflower Rice (see here)
1 (14-ounce/415-ml) can full-fat coconut milk
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon white pepper
½ teaspoon coarse sea salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons coconut oil
½ pound (225 grams) large shrimp, peeled and deveined
½ pound (225 grams) sea scallops
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Cut the delicata squash in half lengthwise. Place cut side down on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes. Once soft, use a spoon to remove the seeds.
- While the squash is cooking, make the cauliflower rice. (Leave the rice in the pan when it’s finished cooking.)
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the coconut milk, garlic and onion powders, white pepper, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Use a spoon to scrape out the flesh from the squash and add it to the pan. Using a spatula, break up the squash until it becomes smooth and is fully incorporated into the coconut milk. Pour the thickened sauce into the saucepan with the cauliflower rice. Mix well.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the shrimp and scallops. Sprinkle with a small pinch of salt and cook for no more than 2 minutes per side, or until the shrimp and scallops are golden-brown on both sides.
- Place the shrimp and scallops on top of the creamy risotto and serve.