SERVES: 4 | PREP TIME: 5 minutes | COOK TIME: 30 minutes
coconut oil, for greasing the wire rack
2 pounds (910 grams) chicken wings and/or drumsticks
1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
2 tablespoons coconut aminos
¼ cup (60 ml) organic honey, melted
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 green onion, green part only, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (218°C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, place a wire rack on top, and grease the wire rack with coconut oil.
- Arrange the chicken wings evenly on the wire rack and season with the salt, pepper, and granulated garlic. Place in the oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- While the wings are roasting, combine the coconut aminos, honey, melted coconut oil, sesame oil, and ginger in a large mixing bowl and whisk well.
- Remove the wings from the oven and place them in the bowl with the honey and ginger mixture. (You may have to do this in batches depending on the size of the bowl.) Toss and coat all the wings, then place them back on the wire rack. Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the wings and return to the oven to roast for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove the wings from the oven, place in a bowl or on a plate, and garnish with the green onion slices.