SERVES: 6 to 8 | PREP TIME: 5 minutes | COOK TIME: 30 minutes
1 pound (455 grams) ground beef
1 pound (455 grams) shredded leftover Slow Cooker Pulled Pork (see here)
1 small yellow onion, diced
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1 teaspoon chili powder
coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
coconut oil, for greasing the loaf pan
½ to 1 cup (120 to 240 ml) Tangy BBQ Sauce (see here)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Place all the ingredients, except the BBQ sauce, in a large bowl and mix well.
- Grease a 9-by-5-inch (23-by-13-cm) loaf pan with coconut oil. Put the beef and pork mixture in the loaf pan and press down to even out the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the top of the meatloaf is nicely browned.
- While the meatloaf bakes, make the BBQ sauce. After removing the meatloaf from the oven, top with warm BBQ sauce and let rest in the pan for 5 minutes before serving.