SERVES: 4 | PREP TIME: 30 minutes | COOK TIME: 10 minutes
2 sweet potatoes (14 ounces/400 grams), cubed
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
6 slices thick-cut bacon, cut crosswise into lardons ¼ inch (6 mm) wide
1 Fuji apple, cored and diced
1 pear, cored and diced
1 medium sweet onion, sliced
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
coarse sea salt, to taste
zest of 1 lemon
juice of ½ lemon
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the cubed sweet potatoes in the coconut oil to coat well.
- Spread the sweet potatoes out on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring once at the 15-minute mark, until the sweet potatoes can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Once the sweet potatoes are done, cook the bacon lardons in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the apple, pear, and onion and sauté for another 2 to 3 minutes, until the onion starts to soften. Add the sweet potatoes, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt and stir well. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Taste for seasoning and add more salt if desired.
- Remove from the heat, add the lemon zest and juice, and mix well before serving.