Red Hot Ratatouille
This all-too-easy, dazzling display of colorful vegetables is nothing short of delicious. Jalapeños and Sriracha sauce really know how to bring the heat! Turn up the temperature on this already seasoned and spiced medley of veggies by adding more jalapeños, a dash of cayenne, and a pinch of chipotle powder.
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 large carrots, diced
1 cup water
1⁄2 red bell pepper, diced
1⁄2 green bell pepper, diced
10–12 mushrooms, sliced
2 large zucchini, cubed
2 small jalapeños, diced
1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes
11⁄2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
2 medium tomatoes, diced
Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large frying pan, cook the onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat, and cook until slightly browned.
- Add the carrots and water to the frying pan, cover, and simmer for 5–7 minutes.
- Add the red and green peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, jalapeños, the can of tomatoes, and the Sriracha. Cover and simmer for about 15–20 minutes, or until all your vegetables are cooked.
- Add the fresh tomatoes for additional flavor and cook for 2–3 more minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, and serve as a side to an Italian-inspired poultry or beef dish, or enjoy it all by itself!