SERVES: 2 | PREP TIME: 30 minutes | COOK TIME: 50 minutes
2 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 10 ounces/280 grams)
pinch of coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 large zucchini (about 1⅓ pounds/600 grams)
½ cup (120 ml) Lemon Chive Mayo (see here)
1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Place the chicken thighs on an elevated rack on a rimmed baking sheet. Season each chicken thigh with a pinch of salt and pepper. Place in the oven and roast for 35 to 40 minutes, or until done (no pink should be visible).
- While the chicken is cooking, peel the zucchini and then use a spiral slicer to cut them into noodles (see Note). Line a baking sheet with a couple of layers of paper towels. Spread the zucchini noodles across the paper towels, sprinkle liberally with salt to draw out the liquid, and place additional paper towels on top to absorb the liquid. Let the noodles rest for 30 minutes before cooking. Change the top layer of paper towels once to ensure all the liquid is soaked up.
- While the zucchini is resting, make the mayo. Scoop out ½ cup (120 ml) of the mayo for this recipe; place the remaining mayo in the fridge for another use (it will keep for 1 week).
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the zucchini noodles with a pinch of salt and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until the noodles become soft. Remove the pan from the heat. Pour the mayo into the pan and mix well to combine with the noodles.
- Divide the noodles between 2 plates and top each portion with a cooked chicken thigh.
Note: No spiral slicer? Thinly slice the zucchini into fettuccine-like noodles, or use a julienne slicer to cut the zucchini.