MAKES: 6 to 8 slices | PREP TIME: 35+ minutes | COOK TIME: 15 to 18 minutes
1 cup (65 grams) banana chips
1 large egg
2 tablespoons full-fat coconut milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
pinch of fine-grain sea salt
6 to 8 (¾-inch/2-cm thick) slices leftover banana bread (see Note)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the banana chips in a food processor and pulse until you have banana chip bits (you should not have a powder). Place the crushed chips in a shallow bowl or plate.
- Whisk together the egg, coconut milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt in another shallow bowl.
- Dip a slice of banana bread into the egg mixture, coat on both sides, then do the same in the crushed banana chips, making sure the slice is completely covered with banana chips. Place on the prepared baking sheet and repeat with the rest of the slices.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until the banana chips have slightly browned. Serve with maple syrup or eat as-is.