Frittatas are the “everything but the kitchen sink” of breakfast foods, and the cumin, chili powder, and serrano pepper used in this Fiery Frittata are so hot, they’ll make you want to turn the water on! To mix up this fiery dish, experiment with other proteins, vegetables, and spices to make this the perfect meal for you.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
1 cup chopped white mushrooms
1⁄2 serrano pepper, chopped
1 cup baby spinach
1⁄4 teaspoon garam masala
1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
4–5 large eggs
Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion and sauté for 3–4 minutes or until translucent.
- Add mushrooms and chopped serrano pepper and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add spinach, garam masala, chili powder, and cumin, and stir so the mixture is well blended. The spinach will wilt fast, so keep an eye on it.
- While the vegetables are cooking, whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl with sea salt and pepper. Pour the eggs into the skillet, turn the heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for 5–7 minutes, or until the eggs are firm.
- Slide the entire frittata onto a serving platter, slice, and serve!