Arugula Pancetta Salad
Вј pound pancetta, diced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon honey (optional)
2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
6 cups baby arugula (about 5 ounces)
1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
Вј cup pecan halves, toasted (optional)
- Fry the pancetta in a large skillet over medium heat until the fat is rendered and the pancetta is crispy. Remove to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Combine the olive oil, vinegar, lemon zest and juice, mustard, honey and garlic in a small glass bowl and whisk to combine.
- Place the arugula, pancetta and tomatoes in a large serving bowl.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad and toss to coat.
- Garnish with toasted pecans, if desired.
VARIATIONS: Bacon ends (the chunks of bacon that are left after bacon is evenly sliced, which are often sold separately along with bacon pieces) can be substituted for the pancetta. You can use an orange instead of a lemon in the vinaigrette for a slightly sweeter taste, and spinach can be subbed if you donвЂ™t have arugula.